We all know Mom’s love sentimental gifts for Mother’s Day. It’s the perfect day to let her know how much you appreciate all that she has done for you over these past couple of decades. This year Mother’s Day is on Sunday, May 8. Instead of putting a card in the mail and calling her at noon to wish her a happy mother’s day, get your creative juices flowing! It’s time to think bigger as you honor the woman who gave you life.
Mother’s Day is a time to reflect on all of the support that your mom gave you over all these years. It’s a wonderful time to let your mom know how important she has been in your life with a personalized gift. You can also honor her by giving her the gift of time. If you don’t know your mom’s love language check out my post on understanding love languages.
Ten Gift Ideas For Mother’s Day:
- If you have the means to splurge this holiday- consider purchasing a necklace from Helen Ficalora. I was first introduced to this brand by my own mother who gifted one of these charm necklaces to us girls last Christmas. My sister and sister in law received one with a charm of each birthstone color of their children. This is the perfect gift for your mom if she doesn’t already have jewelry with each of her children’s birthstones on it.
- Birthstone crystal necklace or bracelet. Consider checking out more boho jewelry options with birthstones or crystals from my boho minimalist jewelry guide.
- Send flowers from Farm Girl Flowers. The flowers are sweet, wrapped in burlap and arrive with a vase for her to arrange the flowers in when they arrive. Bonus: woman owned business with a unique story.
- Find a photo of the 2 of you when you were young and now, create a photo collage and frame.
- Create a mother/daughter date. Give your mom a card with all the details for the date and spend some quality one on one time with your favorite mom.
- Create a photo album for your mom with family photos that center around her. You can easily create one on shutterfly, where you can caption the photos and even write her a note in the front of the album.
- Set up a spa day for your mom at a local Spa. Let her know in the card that you realize how hard she worked to raise such a great kid as you and pampering herself for the day is the perfect way to say thanks
- Personalized cutting board – make it extra special by creating a charcuterie board with all her favorite cheeses, jams, pickled veggies and cured meats along with some gourmet crackers and enjoy an afternoon together.
- If you and your mom like to read, gift her a book and journal and set up a time for your own book club.
- Check out these women-owned businesses to support on mothers day that could offer a special gift for your own mom 🙂
I hope this list helps you create a special day for you and your mom. Do you have any fun plans for your mom this mother’s day?