We already know how stressful gift giving season can when it comes to finding gifts for our friends, co-workers and siblings- so when it comes to our parents, the VIP members on our shopping list, the stress level can be at max as we try to find that perfect gift! The last thing you want to do this holiday is to gift the rents something lackluster because well these are the people that raised you! They loved you, they worried over you, and they took/probs still do take care of you! So we suggest considering something sentimental for them this holiday season.
Holiday Gifts For Parents
- A Food Gift Box (like Tiny Pies Gift Box) – Food is always a fun gift!
- Personalized gifts (like Canvas Print Wall Art) – Personalized gifts are a parent fav!
- At Home Sparkling Water Maker – Do your parents drink a lot of sparkling water?! Want to help reduce the single use of plastic? Consider purchasing the rents a home sparkling water maker- sodastream has a variety of options to choose from and seem to be having some great black Friday sales to take advantage of.
- A Gift Certificate for a unique experience – Think of something really special they can experience together, or perhaps with you as well, and get a gift certificate for them to enjoy. Think date night restaurants, spa day packages, or their favorite place to shop!
- Tools for their hobby (like this Garden Tool Set) – If you know what hobbies they are enjoying, find something that will help them continue to do so!
- Technology – Get them some useful tech that will help them in their day to day lives, like matching fitbits so they can track their exercise habits together.
- Self-Care Gifts – Consider gifting a self-care box to give your parent what we all need especially after the holiday season!
- Photos– If you are a self-proclaimed photographer (much like myself, Maddie) then put those photos to good use and get them developed or put onto a canvas for your parents to hang in their home. Better yet- have a recent family outing where you snapped a very memorable day of you all together- get it framed for your parents! Bonus- if your parents do not have a recent photo together- take a picture of the two of them and get it developed on a canvas and gift it this holiday season! Look online for services to consider such as snapfish, whitewall, nationsphotolab etc., to find ones that work for the photos you want to gift.
- Jewelry– Last year my mom gifted us girls a necklace with our initials on it and we absolutely loved it! As mentioned in our boho minimalist jewelry guide– you can find great options for minimalist pieces online at Etsy or designers like Helen Ficalora you can find designers on etsy or as mentioned brands like Helen
- Are your parents looking to travel more now that you and your siblings are out of the house?! Consider purchasing them traveling necessities whether it be carry- on bags, suitcases, hiking related gear if they plan to travel somewhere that will require lots of walking. We have discussed some of our favorite types of travel bags to make traveling easier for us in our traveling tips if you want ideas.
- Special Ornament– If your rents love the holiday décor- why not invest in a thoughtful ornament that symbolized something significant to your parents.
- Books– If you feel stuck on ways to give your parents useful gifts and they happen to be book worms- gifting them the newest books are always a well appreciated gift. My mom and sister (both are book worms) have both been reading and recommending to their friends – The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles if you are look for ideas.
- Coffee machine – If your parents need a new coffee machine think about consider the Keurig for a very simple easy to use device! We both have one and they have been great!
- Write a note of thanks to your parents for all they provided you through the years, add in some special memories and just let them know in words how much they mean to you. They will carry this with them forever!