I just got back from a trip to Tampa and while I have spent a ton of time in Tampa since last spring, I have yet to put together a guide for y’all to consider! The Tampa Bay region is most well known for its beautiful Gulf Coast beaches, 3 major pro sports teams, a downtown city that is right on the water, and hot, humid weather, which is typically most of the year, with November-February weather feeling cooler with clear blue skies. And I am so excited that my family recently moved to Tampa and while it is a fun place to visit with whoever whenever, I think it makes for the perfect spot for a girls trip with lots of a variety and lots to do during the day that you and your besties will have an entertaining but also relaxing getaway! I was fortunate to have my bestie, Sara, come visit for a week this fall and we had so much fun so I wanted to share some of the best spots that we enjoyed!
There are so many places that you can visit all within a quick driving distance or short uber ride which makes this city so wonderful so I have listed the places that are a must to check out along with some of the best places to eat at for y’all to consider!
- Downtown Tampa:
- Staying in the Downtown area is a great way to see the city, especially with the water right there, incredible sunset views, and restaurants all within walking distance. I have stayed at both the Tampa Marriott Water Street and the J.W. Marriott which are both excellent and have beautiful pools to get some fun in the sun in!
- The J.W. Marriott pool had lots of people, both visitors and those who seemed like they were frequenters hanging at the pool and day drinking which makes it a fun place to visit for besties! Additionally, grabbing drinks at the rooftop bar at the J.W. is definitely a fun way to dress up and potentially mingle with others at the bar if that is something you and your bestie are looking for on a girls trip.
- Visit the Amalie Arena and consider getting tickets if it’s hockey season! Even if you aren’t big hockey gals like I wasn’t prior to visiting Tampa, these games are so fun and interactive and the fans are passionate about their hockey team! If it’s not in season, check out any live concerts or comedians in town!
- Restaurants: Definitely visit American Social that overlooks the water and is always lively with good food and drinks!
- Walk the Tampa Riverwalk! Whether you are someone who likes to do a morning walk or an evening walk the riverwalk is a must for any visitors!
- Armature Works:
- Absolutely a must for visiting Tampa, especially for dinner time! If you are staying downtown this is short uber away and such a fun place to see, especially around dinner time. Check out all the options for take out or seating on their website here. You can grab dinner and sit outside and have a little post dinner walk along the river all the while getting to admire the beautiful sunsets of Tampa.
- If you go during the day, check out the cute little coffee shops inside and enjoy a lunch with a picturesque view!
- Hyde Park Village:
- Visit at any point during the day whether it is for a sunday brunch, an afternoon of shopping or a romantic dinner- Hyde Park is the place for y’all to visit! It is always busy, especially Saturdays and Sunday afternoons. My favorite go to lunch/dinner spot is Forbici. If you want to get dressed up for dinner or do a classy sunday brunch- make a reservation at The Meat Market (def have heard of a few celeb sitings here or local celebs spotted here on Sunday brunches and of course for dinner).
- For a full list of what shops are at Hyde Park Village, check out their website here.
- Davis Islands:
- Davis Islands is a very cool place to visit and is a quick uber ride just over the bridge from downtown. Residents will drive golf carts around and there is the cutest little downtown where you can grab lunch or dinner and sweet tooth lovers, you can enjoy some baked good from Bake’n Babes.
- If you want to get a really amazing sunset view and to enjoy some time outdoors, consider grabbing dinner to go and doing a picnic at Davis Islands Beach. There are not only beaches to sit at but little fields too to find the perfect spot for you and your besties to sit and enjoy a little picnic as the sun sets! You don’t want to miss out on it and plus with the dog parks near- you are guaranteed to run into some cute happy fur babes.