Recently I have been spending a lot of time in Tampa because it is now where my parents are living and what can I say – I have been falling in love with the city! While I thoroughly enjoy finding boutiques to shop and discovering cute coffee shops- I have also enjoyed taking note of potential cute date night ideas because there have been so many to find in this city. Sara and I spent a girls weekend exploring the city nightlife in attempts to find some of the different types of bars and the vibes of the different areas of the city- to which we discovered various cute places to go for sunset strolls along with areas of the city with cute and lively enough bars- all of which gave us inspo to share some ideas with y’all for date nights in Tampa! Downtown Tampa is a cool area with a Riverwalk that is 2.6 miles long. This waterfront walking/biking path is one of Tampa’s signature developments, as it connects some of downtown’s major attractions while offering stunning views of the city. Tampa is close to beaches and a couple of quaint small towns, so there is plenty to do for a great date night in the Tampa area. And since it’s close to the holidays, we thought it would be a special treat to find some fun holiday date night ideas in the Tampa area.
Tampa Date Night Ideas For The Holidays
- Take a stroll on the Riverwalk! Since it’s only 2.6 miles and follows directly along the Hillsborough River, it is super easy to navigate. Curtis Hixon Park, which is right along the Riverwalk, has a Winter Village and skating rink that you and your date could enjoy! Just a little further down the riverwalk is Armature Works, which offers loads of food and drink options and is well appointed for the Christmas season. The Riverwalk has many options for eating and drinking along the way. You can stop in and out of local eateries, hotels, and restaurants for a “bar crawl.”
- Head over to Hyde Park Village to walk around the shops and grab dinner for your next date night! You’ll feel plenty in the Christmas spirit while walking around as you see all the shops decorated and center of Hyde Park decorated with a very large oversized Christmas Tree and presents! Of course, if you are feeling in the mood for a fancier date night then the obvious choice is The Meat Market but we loveeeee Forbici for delish food!
- Catch a Classic Christmas movie at the Historic Tampa Theater. Built in 1926, the Tampa Theatre is one of America’s most elaborate movie palaces and a beloved community landmark.
- Check out the Busch Gardens Christmas Town. Set up in a local amusement park, the town features a display of beautiful Christmas lights, music throughout the park, shows during the evening, and the opportunity to ride any of the rollercoasters and get your adrenaline rush in on your date!
- Find a boat parade! There are multiple boat parades in the Tampa area. It’s quite a unique experience to see the lighted boats floating by.
- Head over to St. Petersburg to experience Enchant Christmas. Lights, ice skating, and magic!! This Christmas experience requires tickets, so grab them early, but this looks like a wonderful experience!
Tampa is a fun town at Christmastime, and we hope you take advantage of some of our Tampa date night ideas for fun, interactive Christmas dates! Let us know if there are any fun Tampa area date spots that we missed.